Batch file for school project

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Mister Fox

Post by Mister Fox »

I am doing a school project in which we have to invent something that benefits a wide variety of people. I am going to make a batch file (and convert it to exe) that makes peoples' computers faster.

I already have the batch file defragmenting the C drive and clearing the prefetch folder (should I get rid of that last part?)

What else should I have it do to increase the performance of a windows computer?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Here is teh system cleanup manager. Put it in a batch file or use a shortcut.

%SystemRoot%System32cleanmgr.exe

This will show you all of the things to clean up. Anything else you should be careful of changing.

The prefetch is there to optimize the loading of programs. Deleting it will serverly effect system performance negatively.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Good luck.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.