PrimalXML 3.0.15 Validate XML fails with Error, hr = 0x80004

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
2010MC63

PrimalXML 3.0.15 Validate XML fails with Error, hr = 0x80004

Post by 2010MC63 »

Hi,

Which version of MSXML whould I be using with PrimalXML2012 running on Windows 8.1? I have MSXML 4.0 SP3 as per your recommendation in this forum, but am getting validation erros for files/schemas that validate fine @ http://www.freeformatter.com/xml-validator-xsd.html

Thanks

Martin.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PrimalXML 3.0.15 Validate XML fails with Error, hr = 0x8

Post by davidc »

Do you have the 32 bit version installed?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
2010MC63

Post by 2010MC63 »

Win 8.1 is 64 bit. I'm guessing that MSXML 4 sp3 is 32 bit as is PrimalXML 2012

Thanks

Martin
davidc

Post by davidc »

I installed the following and it works on Windows 8.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=19662

David
David
2010MC63

Post by 2010MC63 »

Hi David,

Thank you for your suggestion. That link leads to MSXML4 SP2! I was surprised that you thought downgrading to a lower SP might fix the problem. I download and installed SP2 from the provided link (this left SP3 in place) and re-tried validating XML-files but exactly the same error occurs. I also tried uninstalling SP3, but no change. I have included a screen-dump of the error message and also a simplified version of the XML file and its associated XSD which do validate @ previously mentioned web-site.

Regards

Martin
Attachments

[The extension 7z has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

davidc

Post by davidc »

We tested with both SP2 & SP3 and we did not encounter an issue.

Can you reattached the xml files using a standard zip?

Thank you,

David
David
2010MC63

Post by 2010MC63 »

Hi David,

Here is the file in standard Windows zipformat.

Regards

Martin
Attachments
ToSapien.zip
(20.22 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
davidc

Post by davidc »

The only way I can reproduce a error code popup if I clear out the text when it prompts for a namespace. It works if enter:

http://www.hogia.se/XMLSchemas

The prompt and error is made by the MSXML DOM and not PrimalXML. There seems to be something about the schema that causes the prompt / error.

The error code isn't helpful since it means "Unspecified error". Please understand that the MSXML is a component we have no control over, therefore I recommend contacting Microsoft about this issue. They will hopefully be able to provide more insight on why it is prompting or returning the error code.

David
David
2010MC63

Post by 2010MC63 »

Hi David,

Once again, thanks for your help with this issue. It turns out that the problem was an entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalXML\2012\Namespaces. A badly formed entry in that MRU-list sems to take precedence over what is displayed/entered in the pop-up. Clearing out the bad entry resolved the problem. Also curious is that it was neither the first nor last entry in the list, but somewhere in the middle! Is it possible to control how that list is used by the application?

/Martin
davidc

Post by davidc »

I was able to reproduce the issue and it will be resolved in the next service build.

David
David
This topic is 9 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.