Form locking and unlocking

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boyddt_co

Form locking and unlocking

Post by boyddt_co »

I have a form that will be displaying processing data out on the manufacturing floor. The operators will need to update the form throughout the day as they process orders. The updates are done by simply tapping the cell in question to change the current status. This will all be done on a touch screen monitor. My concern is that these monitors will be out in traffic lanes and I don't want the data being updated accidentally. I tried, briefly, to include an unlock button and lock the form which turned out badly. Is there anyway I can lock the form but still have single button enabled? My other option is to create a second, smaller form with a single button that simply unlocks the primary form.

Any ideas out there?

David
boyddt_co

Re: Form locking and unlocking

Post by boyddt_co »

one other issue, if I create a smaller form with just the unlock picture can I force it to always be on top so that it is always visible?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Form locking and unlocking

Post by jvierra »

Create s mall form with a button. Add a timer. to the main form. Have the timer display the small form after n seconds of no input. Have small form button just close form.

If you use a touch system with a stylus it will not be prone to accidental touching.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.