PrimalScript 2014 Packager issue

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kevinwornell

PrimalScript 2014 Packager issue

Post by kevinwornell »

I am using the 64 bit version of the PrimalScript version 7.0.46. I am attempting to package a script and I get an 'Input File Not Found' message when I click on Package.

I can edit and save the file I am trying to package without issue. I have tried this on multiple files and continue to see the same result.

Kevin Wornell
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript 2014 Packager issue

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That's pretty odd.Can you provide the exact location of that file?
Please check and indicate if a <scriptname>.psbuild file exists alongside that file.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by J A Reif »

Kevin -

We note that you have been replying to the notification emails sent by this forum. I'm afraid the only way to get a response from someone who can actually help you is to post your replies here in the forum and not send them in an email. Thank you! :)
June Alane Reif
kevinwornell

Post by kevinwornell »

The path is: C:\Users\<MYUserName>\Documents\SAPIEN\Scripts

I moved the file to another directory on anther drive (D:\MyDocuments\Sapien\Scripts) and get the same result.

There is no PSBuild file present in either directory after I receive the input file not found message
Alexander Riedel

When you click package and there is no PSBuild file present you should be presented with a dialog as shown below.
Is that not the case?
10-7-2014 3-43-15 PM.png
10-7-2014 3-43-15 PM.png (46.34 KiB) Viewed 6233 times
Alexander Riedel
kevinwornell

Post by kevinwornell »

I do see the form come up but it only comes up the first time I click on Packager. If I click Packager again I see the "Input File Not Found 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)" message in the output window
Alexander Riedel

You can get to the packager settings for a file on the deploy tab.
What do you specify in that dialog for your file?
Alexander Riedel
kevinwornell

Post by kevinwornell »

I did not specify anything on that Tab as I was trying to make my script into an EXE file not an MSI file.

Hovering the pointer over the Package icon says 'Creates an executable file from the currently active script".

Is this button not the correct place to access the Script Packager functionality from previous versions?
kevinwornell

Post by kevinwornell »

Ok I see there is another 'Settings' button there. I set the Output file name, Embed a default Manifest (I have also tried No manifest with same result), No Execution restrictions are set, Version information set to is Version 1.0.0.1, No Build Options are set
kevinwornell

Post by kevinwornell »

I just found the issue. The 'Engine Type' on the 'Engine Settings' page was empty. I set this to cScript and the file built successfully.

Since this functionality worked previously I would have to suspect that one of the last 2 updates I applied to the product may have changed this setting and I did not catch it.
This topic is 9 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.