Trial Version of VersionRecall not Working Due to Invalid License

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pmascari

Trial Version of VersionRecall not Working Due to Invalid License

Post by pmascari »

VersionRecall 2015 Active Trial, 1.0.123, downloaded just yesterday and installed on two machines for trial.

- 64 bit version on Windows 2008 server 64-bit and also Windows 7, 64-bit

I'm not seeing any "versioning" operations going on as we update code. I've got the Repositories set to update every 90 minutes.

There is an entry in the service log: "License not valid. Service inactive".

Can we not evaluate the "versioning" in trial mode?

Thanks.
DevinL

Re: Trial Version of VersionRecall not Working Due to Invalid License

Post by DevinL »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we are looking into it. Are you able to manually create versions using the UI?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pmascari

Post by pmascari »

Yes, it appears I can create manual versions.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

In that case it appears as though this is a permission issue. The service is run under the SYSTEM account so you need to grant that account access to the repository or run the service under an account with access.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pmascari

Post by pmascari »

I spoke too soon. The trial on the Windows 7 machine will run manually but the Windows server will not. I've updated the service to run at elevated permission levels. The log has multiple entries at update times saying each of the repositories I've set up are offline?
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.