File Explorer

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bill.mclaren@me.com

File Explorer

Post by bill.mclaren@me.com »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript, 7.2.85
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

After upgrading from PrimalScript 2012 to PrimalScript 2016, I spent about 30 minutes looking for File Explorer before resorting to Google. Is there a way to re-enable the feature so that it's not hidden? The ability to browse a file system without having to switch windows or click file, open, browse seems fundamental.

-Bill
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: File Explorer

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Sorry, the File Explorer is gone. There is no option to bring it back. Since it only replicated a function that is already there, the additional panel, startup time and memory usage was eliminated.
To open files, the standard file open dialog provides better views and options. To browse files, the Windows File Explorer is better suited and you can drag and drop file you wish to edit onto PrimalScript or use the "Edit with PrimalScript" context menu item.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bill.mclaren@me.com

Post by bill.mclaren@me.com »

I understand. I've always read that part of the Agile process was listening to what the customer wants, instead of telling them that they're doing it wrong. Does this modified process have a name? Agile Lite maybe? MyAgile? Just a reality check.

I am a product fan, don't get me wrong. Having the option to turn it on or off would seem an interesting choice.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Well, sarcasm aside, the feature was turned off for quite some time before it was completely removed. The File Explorer panel was for many years turned off by default and, according to all the screen shots or registry copies we received from support requests, it was virtually never turned on by anyone.
You are only the second person in total to notice and comment. We are well aware that any change we make will always find a few people who are unhappy about that change. I am sorry to hear that this particular change affects you negatively.

If you could elaborate on why exactly this was so important to you, maybe we can better understand what you need and point out alternatives.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.