Code highlighted making it unreadable

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
akincer

Code highlighted making it unreadable

Post by akincer »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2016 7.2.90
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Opened an existing PHP script written with another tool and most of the script is highlighted in yellow starting right after the opening brace. It makes most of the code illegible. Clicking right after the semicolon at the end of the highlighted block causes some of the highlight to disappear, but scrolling up brings it back. This makes PrimalScript functionally useless for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
akincer

Re: Code highlighted making it unreadable

Post by akincer »

Attached a picture showing what I'm talking about.
Attachments
highlighted_code.jpg
highlighted_code.jpg (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3170 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Without seeing it, that is hard to judge. I do not know what skin and editor theme you have selected.
it sounds like the server-side script background.
File - Options - Text Editor - Colors
Select HTML - Server-side script
Select another color for the background or select "Default" to not color server side scripts with a special background.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
akincer

Post by akincer »

This has got to be a bug in the install process. This is a fresh install. I've attached a pic showing where the highlighting ends and also where it disappears when I click in the code right after the semicolon at the end of the highlighting.

There WAS a setting in colors causing it, but like I said -- I changed nothing from the default install, so it appears the install had non-default colors by default that didn't work the whole way through the script anyway. Kind of strange.
Attachments
highlighted_code_end_clicked.jpg
highlighted_code_end_clicked.jpg (18.03 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
highlighted_code_end.jpg
highlighted_code_end.jpg (29.51 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
akincer

Post by akincer »

Changing to defaults seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.