PowerShell Studio and ChangeVue

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jens.kalski@gv.hamburg.de

Post by jens.kalski@gv.hamburg.de »

Hi,
I'm new to PowerShell Studio 2012 and ChangeVue. I want to use ChangeVue for sourcecontrol and have activated the option in PowerShell Studio "Enable Source Control".

But now I'm searching infos for how to use this feature. I have created a project from folder in ChangeVue but be not able to open this or the files in it with PowerShell Studio. Trying to edit a file from ChangeVue opens the PowerGUI Script Editor all the times.

Are there helping information how to use sourcecontrol from PowerShell Studio? And where is the help for PowerShell Studio?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

ChangeVue calls the default application when editing files. In this case PowerGUI has taken over the file association. If you re-associate the file type with PowerShell Studio, it will resolve the problem.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The manual should be released in one of the next service releases.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jens.kalski@gv.hamburg.de

Post by jens.kalski@gv.hamburg.de »

I think I will wait for a manual because I can't see, how this tool should work and what is it good for.
This topic is 11 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.