Something to think about. Please Fix this issue.

Anything you want to tell us? Praise? Criticism? Post it here. Please keep it professional and constructive.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rocky.pabillore

Something to think about. Please Fix this issue.

Post by rocky.pabillore »

My coworker found this powershell decompiler. The source code I heard was not published. Some of us users write confidential codes with passwords and wrap it up using your packaging tool to create .exe.

This tool can decompile any exe scripts.

Link: https://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/2017/0 ... owershell/

please help your users be aware and fix this issue.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Something to think about. Please Fix this issue.

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Packages built with the latest service builds cannot be unpacked with this tool as far as we know.
Script packages are and never will be 100% secure. Due to the nature of PowerShell and its engine the code MUST exist as clear text at some point in the process. We strongly advise to never use passswords or any other confidential information in your code.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rocky.pabillore

Post by rocky.pabillore »

we just tested this on a script that was compiled using version 3, and it did spit out everything as a string. Version 5 so far did not.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I was referring to the product version and not the powershell version. Obviously you will need to repackage your executables
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.