PrimalSense: JavaScript user's object property

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
koolezt

Post by koolezt »

Based on the documentation

Code: Select all

When working with classes or objects, PrimalSense displays pop-up lists containing available members, such as methods and properties.
I'm trying to get PrimalSense to work with my user-created JavaScript object's property, but no joy. Here's a simple example.

Code: Select all

function point3d(strName,numX,numY,numZ) {
    function radius() {return Math.sqrt((numX*numX)+(numY*numY)+(numZ*numZ));}
    this.description=strName+': '+radius()+'('+numX+', '+numY+', '+numZ+')'
}
var o3d=new point3d('demo 3d point',0,100,200);
WScript.Echo(o3d.description);
I expect a PrimalSense popup in the last line after typing o3d.desc, but nothing happens. Despite the Primal(non)Sense, the script runs correctly. Am I missing a special setup step or is this a wish-list item?

Update: The version is Professional 2007 v4.5.564

Edits: correcting typos & including version

koolezt
2008-03-22 13:12:17
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

PrimalSense does not support dynamically created function objects at this time.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 16 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.