Script Debugging/Walkthrough

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nai0248

Script Debugging/Walkthrough

Post by nai0248 »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2016, Build 7.2.95
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I've used much older version of Primal Script but a bit new to these latest versions. How do I perform a step-by-step walkthrough/debug? Currently if I open a vbs file and go to debug, a blank debug console quickly appears then goes away. Even if I add breakpoints, I get the same results. Am I missing a step? Do I have to build the package first?

Since I'm new on these latter version I could use some help and I couldn't locate specific steps in other places.

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Script Debugging/Walkthrough

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Load the VBS file, set a breakpoint, select "Go" from the "Debug" panel on the "Home" tab.
Unless your script contains anything tha produces an error right away, it should stop at the breakpoint.
Check the output window if there are any runtime error messages if it just exists.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
nai0248

Re: Script Debugging/Walkthrough

Post by nai0248 »

Issue was the platform was set to 64-bit. Once I changed to 32-bit it works as expected and makes sense.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.