4.1.530 Installer

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bob Denny

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Bob Denny »

Before I run the new 4.1.530 installer... It looks different and no longer gives me the "repair" option. It now looks like it's about to do a brand new install, yet I have 4.0.500 version installed. So... I need to know if this is going to wipe out all my bajillion settings, colors, type libraries, tool and help nexus entries, etc. that I have evolved over the last few years. And this is 4.1 not 4.0, right? So this is a minor upgrade? Yet the release # (500 -> 530) seems to continue 4.0?rdenny@dc3.com2006-11-20 17:23:24
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Alexander Riedel »

4.1 is a new version, please see http://www.primalscript.com

The build number is sequential, always has been that way.
Make a backup of the PrimalScript 4.0 installation folder
and HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript Enterprise4.0
(key varies by edition) and let us know what seetings or content you need transferred. We can help.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bob Denny

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Bob Denny »

OK, it's going to have to wait, as I am in the midst of a tight project needing PrimalScript, and don't want to interrupt same with back and forth on settings, etc. By the say, I got stuck in a loop... every time i tried to reply I was taken to the Login Successful page, then back to the list of forums. Re-enter the customer support forum, redisplay this thread, click reply, back to the login sucessful page, redirected back to the list of forums... Over and over. I was logged in all the while. I happened to see the "delete cookies" link at the botton, clicked that, and then I was still logged in but replying started to work. Thought you'd like to know...
donj

4.1.530 Installer

Post by donj »

In general, when you go into the forums, click the "Login" button at the top of the page. That'll provide a more reliable experience and let you post. As opposed to logging in as part of the post/reply process. E.g., prior to trying to reply, if you see a "Login" button (rather than a "Logoff") at the top of the screen, click it before trying to reply.
Bob Denny

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Bob Denny »

OK, thanks for the advice. I'll do that from now on.
Bob Denny

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Bob Denny »

I installed 4.1 this morning and found that all of my settings were lost: colors, tools nexus, info nexus. everything. Not knowing how to migrate all that stuff, and assuming you aren't available for help on Thanksgiving (as it should be!!!) I rolled back using System Restore. Since I am in a development phase where I'm using PS heavily, and on a tight schedule, I just can't justify the time needed to customize 4.1 to match my working habits. It appears that it will take hours or more. I do wish there were an upgrade path, or a side-by-side installation at least. My brief look at PS 4.1 led me to see it more as a 5.0, it's clear you guys have really put a lot of work into it and it shows. Good job!!!By the way, the System Restore contained two identically named restore points "Installed PrimalScript 4.1". Only looking at the times allowed me to choose the "before" versus the "after" one. I know that there is a standard for naming restore points and you're properly following it, but from a dumb end user's point of view the standard is dumb too. To me, the earlier one should be "Before installing PrimalScript 4.1" and the later one "Installed PrimalScript 4.1".
Alexander Riedel

4.1.530 Installer

Actually we don't intentionally create Restore points.
I have to check if the installer does that.

I'll put together a transfer settings guide. It really is pretty simple.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
Bob Denny

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Bob Denny »

That (the transfer settings guide) would be great! I would greatly appreciate it.
Bob Denny

4.1.530 Installer

Post by Bob Denny »

Bump... Any news on the transfer/upgrade settings guide? I don't want the 7-Jan deadline to pass, of course, but I'd love to start using 4.1 sooner than that. It looks good, but I can't suffer the reconfig time right now.Some day, it would be good if the installer did the upgrade itself :-)))
Alexander Riedel

4.1.530 Installer

Export this key
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript Enterprise4.0

Install 4.1

Change reg file from 4.0 to 4.1 and apply

Key varies of course with Edition.
The installer does transfer most of the settings, but if you uninstall 4.0 first, of course there is nothing to transfer.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 17 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.