PrimalScript 2018 crashes when I click it after launch

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
wilzor

PrimalScript 2018 crashes when I click it after launch

Post by wilzor »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2018 - 7.4.110.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit version
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

When I launch PrimalScript 2018, it looks fine. But once I hover over the window with my cursor, I get the 'spinning cursor'. If I click anywhere in the PrimalScript window, the application crashes.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Attachments
PrimalScript Errors.zip
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 274 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript 2018 crashes when I click it after launch

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Is this specific to the particular file you have open there or any file?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
wilzor

Post by wilzor »

I had five files open and was working on one. I tried to save it and got the spinning cursor. Then PrimalScript crashed. When I reopened it, only two of the files are open, the other three are gone from the tabs. That puts me where I am now... I can open PrimalScript, but if I click anywhere in the PrimalScript window, it crashes. Is there a switch that I can use to reset everything when I open PrimalScript?
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

What kind of files? Is it PS files or VBScript or xml? Could you attach files that PrimalScript can't open?
Alexander Riedel

Thank you for sending the files. I was able to load them without any problems, clicking any place produces nothing but he usual and expected results.
Can you provide information from the system logs regarding the crash?
If you say "click anywhere", can you be more specific? Anywhere in the UI, caption, frame or anywhere in the file?
Go here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PrimalScript 2018
and rename the key (without PrimalScript running) to

PrimalScript 2018 (disabled)

Please do not delete it. This will reset ALL settings and allows you to test if there is a configuration stored that may cause this.

Please let us know what the result is.
Alexander Riedel
wilzor

Post by wilzor »

I've uploaded the Windows Application logs from multiple crashes.

By "click anywhere" I mean anywhere in the open PrimalScript window - my files, Admin Tools, Menu Ribbon... anywhere.

Renaming the registry key and relaunching resolved the issue. Will reopen my files and see if all is working the way it should.
Alexander Riedel

Could you possibly export the old registry key and upload that file as well?
Alexander Riedel
wilzor

Post by wilzor »

Done.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.