Script Error

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
chughes4656

Script Error

Post by chughes4656 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below if you are currently using a Trial Version of the Product. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017
64 bit version of product: v5.4.143 -
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS: Windows 10 64-Bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
When I create a new PSF file or existing files I get a script error as seen in the
attachment below. It works fine on my Windows 7. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling
this version and the new one from the SAPIEN site. Please help I'm thinking on buying the 2018 version by if it wont work with my system then I'm stuck. Windows 10 is new install as well.

Error: ScriptDriver
"An exception occurred attempting to start the script"
SAPIEN ERROR.rtf
(6.13 MiB) Downloaded 197 times

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Script Error

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The screenshot within the document is too low resolution to see any current settings. Please provide a full resolution JPG or PNG when posting a screenshot.
This particular error occurs when the COM objects used to communicate with PowerShell throw a fatal exception.
This is most likely due to security settings on your remote desktop access. Try running PowerShell Studio on an actual machine directly.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
chughes4656

Post by chughes4656 »

Correction I don't get the error when I create the PSF only when I click the "Run Button" I can export it out to a PS1 and save it and then it will run in PowerShell ISE.
chughes4656

Post by chughes4656 »

Thanks for the quick response, Sorry for the screenshot. I'm running this on my Windows 10
machine directly, not remote.
chughes4656

Post by chughes4656 »

Sapien Error.png
Sapien Error.png (138.12 KiB) Viewed 21667 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Did you have previous versions of the product installed on this machine?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.