Display log function to textbox

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
chexmix

Display log function to textbox

Post by chexmix »

I have a log function that I call in various places in my script. How would I output this to a textbox?

log -l "Mail property detected"
log -l "City property detected"
log -l "Unable to set property: $($p.name)"
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Display log function to textbox

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You add the log entry to the text property of the textbox.
$Textbox1.Text += "Your new log entry"
You might want to throw in new lines and other formatting aids.

I would start with familiarizing myself with the various controls and how to use them.
https://info.sapien.com/index.php/guis/gui-controls

If you have any further questions regarding GUI design, please post in the PowerShell GUI section of the forum. It is open to everyone.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
chexmix

Post by chexmix »

That works for a string of text but how do I use the function like I had asked.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I don't know what your log function does. You would probably need to rewrite that to do what I implied.
I suggest to post in the PowerShell GUI section and provide a little more detail.
Alexander Riedel
chexmix

Post by chexmix »

I'm trying it out thats why I posted in the trail software section. The PowerSehll GUI section is for registered products only.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by J A Reif »

Hi chexmix!

The PowerShell GUIs forum is open to anyone with a SAPIEN account - it is not restricted to people with registered products. You can find the forum here: https://www.sapien.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=21
June Alane Reif
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.