General Scripting Help

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
azeiler

General Scripting Help

Post by azeiler »

Hello,

I'm planning to use Powershell to create tools that will analyze/parse/etc data from CSV, Excel, and TXT files, and output information based on that analysis, as well as querying and updating SQL databases.

I'm new to Powershell though and looking for resources to help me understand the basics for scripting, syntax, etc.

Can someone offer me resources that would be geared toward what I am wanting to do? A lot of the stuff I am finding is (understandably) more geared toward system admin stuff.

Thanks
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: General Scripting Help

Post by jvierra »

Hi. I recommend that you start with any tutorial or book. There are dozens of books on Amazon you can find by just searching for PowerShell.

Here is a good starter video tutorial.
https://mva.microsoft.com/en-us/training-courses/getting-started-with-microsoft-powershell-8276?l=r54IrOWy_2304984382

After you have mastered these basics you will be better able to recognize and find resources that will help you.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.