Updated Client - drag and drop control issue

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
angelofstealth

Updated Client - drag and drop control issue

Post by angelofstealth »

Just updated to the latest version..

In my project now if i add a control and try to move it around it snaps back to the original position. But I am able to edit the control and set the position, just not able to drag the control to a position within the GUI. I have checked and the control is not locked, no icon to show locked. Don't know if anyone is experiencing this problem or if there is something else I can check. Thanks
angelofstealth

Re: Updated Client - drag and drop control issue

Post by angelofstealth »

If I create a new project, i don't have the issue. Just with existing project.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Hi, I can make a couple of suggestions that I have used to fix corrupt files and projects.

First try to open the PSF file in the project folder by itself in a freshly opened PSS. If this now works then it is not likely the broken file.

If there are any "BAK" or "*.TempPoint.psf" files in the project folder delete them and try to open the project.

If the project continues to fail and it is on a network drive or on OneDrive or a cloud service move a copy locally and test again.

When the project loads be sure to look at the output Window to see if there ae any load issues.

I have had some issues with projects over the years and, as a last resort, I have rebuilt the project by moving the form files to a new location and then importing them and support files into a fresh project.

This forum is not really a support forum for PSS. If you cannot find a solution you should post in the product forum for PowerShell Studio here: https://www.sapien.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=1b3ed6feb9ad752e238cbb3d2cfe43ad

This forum is mostly community volunteers. The support forums are staffed by Sapien techs and they usually solve these kinds of issues very quickly.
angelofstealth

Post by angelofstealth »

Deleting the temp .psf files resolved my issue. Thank you for the detailed troubleshooting notes. Much appreciated, have a great day!
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Great. That works for a lot of subtle issues. Glad it worked for you.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.