Old C++ in New Primalscript release

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TCCDesktopOps

Old C++ in New Primalscript release

Post by TCCDesktopOps »

Product, version and build: Primalscript 7.4.119.112918
32 or 64 bit version of product: x64
Operating system: Win 7 and 10.1803
32 or 64 bit OS:x64
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This release of Primalscript has old versions of C++ included in the package which cause deployment from SCCM to fail if a newer C++ is already installed.

The x86 version packaged with Primalscript is 14.13.26020.0
The version I have is 14.14.26429
The latest version at time of writing was 14.16.27012.6 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Message in the logs on failure is - "Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed"

are you able to either
- configure the package to continue if a later c++ version is detected (best option) OR
- add the latest versions of C++ to the Primalscript deployment.

my command line is - PSR19Setup_7.4.119_112918_x64.exe /exebasicui /exenoupdates /exelog c:\soe\Install_Primalscript2019-7.4.119_112918.log /qb

As I see it currently, my alternative is to change my single line install command to a scripted install to detect and uninstall any possible later version of C++ 2019, install primalscript, then install the latest version of C++.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Old C++ in New Primalscript release

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll check into that.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Old C++ in New Primalscript release

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are in the process of updating to the latest runtime. However, as you can imagine that requires additional testing, so I have no time line at this moment.
The installer currently checks for a later version of the runtime that it includes, so that is a bug that will also be remedied in the next service build.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.