PrimalScript VBScript debugger file-size limitations

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tkvtkv

PrimalScript VBScript debugger file-size limitations

Post by tkvtkv »

Product, version and build: Trial ver. of PrimalScript 2019 v7.4.122
32 or 64 bit version of product: x64
Operating system: Windows Server 2019 or Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: x64

I have trouble with VBScript Debugger.
I have vbs file like this:

Code: Select all

msgbox 123
'text comment....
'...
'text comment....
So the code line is the first one. All other lines - just comments.
The total size of the file is 1 055 607 bytes. I can debug such file successfully (pressing f5).
If I add one more character (it doesn't matter - to the first code line (for example msgbox 1234), or to one of the comment lines) the total file size would be 1 055 608 bytes. If i press f5 - debugger just hangs.

I have a very large production script, that is almost 1.5 mb size. I can successfully debug it with Visual Studio Community 2017 (but I don't like it ) ). And can't debug with PrimalScript.

Could you please remove this file size limitations? Thank you!

(The attached file works (it is 1 055 607 bytes). Add any character to it to reproduce the bug).
Attachments
test.vbs
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript VBScript debugger file-size limitations

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I'll look into it but as far as I know there is no size limit imposed by us.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
tkvtkv

Post by tkvtkv »

Thank you!
I suspect this is some kind of a bug.
Of course, there is no reason to implement such limitation explicitly by design.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We have a handle on it. Next service build...
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.