Where to find starter templates

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
robmo

Where to find starter templates

Post by robmo »

Product, version and build: 7.4.125.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 1809 Enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

Hi,

When you click the New File button on the window title bar, you are prompted to select the type of template you would like to use. I set mine to PowerShell but I would like to change how the template is written. Can this be modified by the user and where is it located?

Thank you!
Rob
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Where to find starter templates

Post by Olga_B »

davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

You can use the File->Save As Template... command to create new templates. It will prompt you to save to the correct template location.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
robmo

Post by robmo »

I was able to find my starter templates here:
C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PrimalScript 2019\Templates\File Templates

I tried editing PowerShell.ps1 and created a new file. I found that it was still using the out-of-box format. That may be the case because I had already chosen a template which was written to Default.ps1 (C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PrimalScript 2019\Templates). After editing Default.ps1, I am now seeing my preferred format when creating new files.

Consider this resolved. Thank you for your help!
This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.