Highlight References option in editor is different...

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

Highlight References option in editor is different...

Post by gmichaud »

...and, honestly, annoying.

Product: PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v7.4.125

The editor Highlight References function seems to highlight even is only clicking on a variable or keyword. Previous versions of primalscript highlighted only if the vars/keywords were selected. I don't see an option to make it work like previous versions, only to turn it off all together (which I don't want to do).

If this is intended, can you add another option to highlight only selected vars/keywords?

BTW, I've also noticed that in all the 2018 and 2019 builds, my first mouse click after starting primalscript is ignored. Can that also be fixed?
Attachments
Screenshot - 3_12_2019 , 4_20_13 PM.png
Screenshot - 3_12_2019 , 4_20_13 PM.png (75.95 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Highlight References option in editor is different...

Post by Alexander Riedel »

One man's wish is another man's annoyance I guess. We have received oh so many requests for this reference highlighting and
"oh how annoying it is to HAVE TO highlight something to see the references. (fill in other editor) does that WITHOUT having to select anything"

I am sure we can add yet another option. Feel free to submit a feature request here: https://www.sapien.com/requests

As for the first mouse click ignored, you will have to elaborate. I am not seeing that.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Well, I'd like to suggest to the users who requested this change in reference highlighting to suck it up and double-click, but I suspect that won't fly, so I'll make the appropriate feature request.

RE: ignored mouse click, sorry, I should have been more specific. I usually have PS re-open all my last files on startup, and the file tabs are often different from when I closed the last session, so i have to click the tab of the file I want to edit. THAT is the mouse click that is ignored. Clicking a file's tab upon starting primalscript.
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I tried as you describe and I didn't get an ignored click. How many files are we talking about?
Just in case that matters.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I see it with as few as 2, on my VM and my windows 10 host.

I'll try to make a short video to illustrate it.
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I've created a video to demonstrate 2 issues. For the issue with opening a file from Explorer, I submitted a feature request to change the behavior.
Attachments
PS-NoClick.zip
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 194 times
Thanks,
Gerry
This topic is 5 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.