(c) symbol in a form

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jsira2003@yahoo.com

(c) symbol in a form

Post by jsira2003@yahoo.com »

In the editor it looks right (c) year with a circle around the year

in the executable it looks like this
^
A (c) the c in a circle. Why am i getting the A with the caret above it? The caret is immediately above the A

How do i correct this?

thanks,
John
jsira2003@yahoo.com

Re: (c) symbol in a form

I wanted to say a circle around the c not the year.

John
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

What editor are you asking about? There is not enough information to understand what you are asking.

The copyright symbol is only available in some character sets. In some text the symbol is type as (c). In others it looks like this: ©
jsira2003@yahoo.com

the symbol displays correctly on the form in the powershell studio editor. After it is compiled you get the caret A combo. I just recompiled a package with the newest ps studio and this is now occurring on all my packages. It does not make sense to show up properly in ps studio but not when the .exe runs.

thanks,
John
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

The editor font is not the same font as you see in PowerShell. PowerShell can use a number of fixed fonts and it may display in a different character set. The "A" with a "hat" sounds like you are using a European character set in PowerShell.

Without accurate information it is not possible to say what is causing this.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You probably have to change your encoding to UTF-16 to make that work consistently.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Both UTF-8 and ASCII work for me.

It is either the default font or character set that controls that but the character  does not map to the © in any that I can find.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Yes, but we have no encoding, locale or even PowerShell Studio version information. So UTF-16 is a safe bet. :-)
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.