Are there any showcase examples of PowerShell Studio GUI?

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
shiroscout

Are there any showcase examples of PowerShell Studio GUI?

Post by shiroscout »

I was wondering...
Can anyone give me some links or examples of GUI Apps that were created with PowerShell Studio?

I think I have seen 1 or 2 online before but that is about it.

I'm just curious to see and be inspired by some of the tools, automation people are doing with PSS.

Thank You,

Wayne
Thank You,

Wayne
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Are there any showcase examples of PowerShell Studio GUI?

Post by jvierra »

PowerShell Studio does not create GUI Apps. It creates packaged PowerShell scripts. Any PowerShell script can be packaged.
shiroscout

Post by shiroscout »

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I see I will need to use correct use of words so that I can be understood.

Have you seen the LazyWinAdmin "Packaged Script"?
So, I am just not sure where to look for more example of what people might be creating for databases, SCCM, or other tools they are creating for roles they may be in. Also, if there are people creating packages and selling them anywhere online?

I'll try and word things more correctly if possible but right now my vocabulary is like being in an expat in a foreign country in regards to coding and powershell.
I apologize for my entry level skills.
Thank You,

Wayne
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

smjadtnf707 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I see I will need to use correct use of words so that I can be understood.
No. That is not the point. You need to use words correctly so that you can understand. Please realize that out ability to think about and learn things is highly dependent our ability to use language and to agree on the meaning of words. This is even more critical when trying to learn and use technology. If you don't know what the word "widget" refers to then how can you learn what a widget can do or how to use it. If you think a widget is an apple then you will likely try to eat it. That may be a very terminal mistake.

It is critical in science, math and technology to learn the correct definition of terms and to clearly understand what that definition means.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

smjadtnf707 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm
I'll try and word things more correctly if possible but right now my vocabulary is like being in an expat in a foreign country in regards to coding and powershell.
I apologize for my entry level skills.
Never a need to apologize. Everyone starts at the beginning. It is the next steps that make all of the difference. Learning how to research the words in this new language is the first step along with learning the basics of the context that the language is used in. You cannot become proficient in any language without learning about the culture.

With computer technology you must learn the basics of computer engineering. To learn any technology we always start with history and definition of terms and in an organized way. My method has, since I was about 7, to look up the terms and research them until I fully understood the term.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A lot of people use PowerShell Studio to create GUI apps, but the majority is in-house, corporate applications, so you won't ever see those.
If you google "powershell studio" GUI apps
you get a lot of help getting started.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
shiroscout

Post by shiroscout »

Alexander,

Thank you.
I looked and found several and 3 of them I found were made with Powershell Studio.

It really helps to be able to see something similar to what you have in your head, and see others code and what is happening.This especially helps being new to .Net, Windows Forms, PS, and PSS.
Thank You,

Wayne
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.