can't place control where I want in my GUI

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Domtar
Has voted: 2 times

can't place control where I want in my GUI

Post by Domtar »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019 5.6.165
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: win 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

while creating a new GUI, inside a TabControl, whenever I drag a new control into the TabControl, the new control automatically goes into the top left corner. if I move it with the mouse, when clicking to set the control in its place, it goes back to the top left corner of the tabControl.

what am I doing wrong?

thanks!

edit: if you wish to recreate the issue, create a new empty GUI, add a TabControl, add a button into the tab control and try to move the button.

edit 2: my co-worker does not have this issue. I was updated to Windows 10 1903 last week as a test. he is not. maybe there is a relation.

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
mxtrinidad

Re: can't place control where I want in my GUI

Post by mxtrinidad »

Thanks for reporting the issue. We'll be investigating if it's Windows 10 Build 1903 related and get back to you soon.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

We can't seem to find any issue following your steps using Windows 10 Build 1903. In either using main local and extended display monitor.

We were able to:
1. Create an empty form
2. Add the tab control
3. Select Tabpage1
4. Add Button Control 1
5. Select Tabpage2
6. Add Button Control 2
7. Go back to Tabpage1
8. Move Button1 -> OK
9. Select Tabpage2
10. Move Button2 -> OK

It seems working! Is there any additional steps we might be missing?
Please, let us know.
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

well, maybe my system is corrupted. I do have a few bugs since that update, like process explorer refusing to show on my screen for example.

I'll re-install my studio and see if the issue is back. I'll post something if not.

thanks for trying!
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Ah!! Yes! there are a few bugs and one of the is... in my case, on an extended display it won't not run video files.
So, it may be related to a display driver.

Everything it possible with Microsoft!
Domtar

Post by Domtar »

restarted PS, issue is there.

rebooted, issue is there.

re-installed PS, issue is gone.

problem solved!

another glitch on the list on win 10 1903 issues.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Glad the issue got cleared!

Thank You for the update
:)
This topic is 4 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.