Update Module Manifest

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PsCustomObject

Update Module Manifest

Post by PsCustomObject »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 5.6.163.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Win 10 1903
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

Hello,

sorry to open a new topic again regarding modules manifest but could not find an answer, this is more a question rather than a bug report (at least I think). I have amodule with an associated module which has been created by PowerShell Studio, in the FunctionsToExport section I have the various functions that should be exported when module is imported like this

Code: Select all

# Functions to export from this module
	FunctionsToExport	   = @(
	Function1,
	Functin2,
	Function3
	)
My question should PowerShell Studio automatically append functiosn to this variable when a new function is added to the module? Of course I can manually update the manifest file or simply use the '*' notation but was wondering if this should not be built-in in the product.

I've tried both creating manually a new function and using the contextual menu Insert New Function from the editor both with the same result.

Thanks in advance for any pointer/feedback!
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Update Module Manifest

Post by brittneyr »

On the properties panel, if you have Export Functions set to true:
SPS-PropertiesPanelModule.png
SPS-PropertiesPanelModule.png (20.87 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Then when you build your module, FunctionsToExport should be updated.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Thanks Brittney,

got it, I was expecting PsStudio to automatically update the manifest upon module file save but apparently need to build for this to work as I was previousely just moving the files under the correct path.

Thanks for clarifying.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

That behavior would make sense. You are welcome to file a feature request here:
https://www.sapien.com/requests
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Just ignore this.-
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.