Debugging Issue

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
User avatar
lblanch10
Posts: 3
Last visit: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Debugging Issue

Post by lblanch10 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: 5.7.172
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-Bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Hello,

Problem #1:
This may be a new problem, because I don't recall it happening in prior versions.

While debugging a script, when I click on the 'Debug Console' tab at the bottom a '$' is already present, however I cannot type anything. I hit the 'Enter' key and get an error and the '$' goes away. I enter a '$' and all is well...then I enter a '(' and get an unhandled exception error.

I've created a very basic script to show what I've tried to explain above. I've experienced this problem in 2 ways: where the '$' is and is not present when initially click the 'Debug Console' tab. However, I always seem to get the exception error if I type '$('

I've also included the log file from the Unhandled Exception error. I know my attached pic of the "script" does basically nothing, but it does show the unexpected behavior. This happens when I try to debug any of my scripts.

Problem #2:
The 'Save All' menu item doesn't seem to be working. The hover tooltip states that all open tabs will be saved. If I click it, only the open tab's file gets an updated date.

Thanks for all the help.
lblanch10
Attachments
ErrorLog.txt
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
PSStudioError1.jpg
PSStudioError1.jpg (198.5 KiB) Viewed 1705 times

User avatar
mxtrinidad
Posts: 399
Last visit: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 am

Re: Debugging Issue

Post by mxtrinidad »

Thanks for reporting the issue. We'll have our take a look at it and get back to you.

User avatar
brittneyr
Site Admin
Posts: 735
Last visit: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:47 am
Answers: 13
Been upvoted: 10 times

Re: Debugging Issue

Post by brittneyr »

For the first issue, I have been able to reproduce this and have filed an internal bug report with the development team.

As for your second issue, I have not been able to reproduce this. From your screenshot, I can see you have auto save on. Are you sure the file wasn't saved before you attempted to use Save All from the file menu?
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

User avatar
lblanch10
Posts: 3
Last visit: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Re: Debugging Issue

Post by lblanch10 »

Thank you for looking into this.

Problem #1
The problem above is at home. I also have PSS (v5.6.170 an older version) at work and have confirmed that it does NOT happen using the same key combo stated above.

Problem #2
This is probably me. For a test, I made a comment in both files, then hit the 'Save All' menu item and both 'Date Modified' dates in Windows Explorer changed as expected. So, it looks like there must be pending changes on 2 or more files for the 'Save All' menu item to work (but only on the items with pending changes). But the 'Save' menu item works anytime you hit it. Not a big deal...it just didn't work the way I thought.

Thanks Again.