Packaged Executable missing as option in MSI Settings

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kdwisdom

Packaged Executable missing as option in MSI Settings

Post by kdwisdom »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.178
Build: v10.0.18362.0
*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I am building a small application (I have a very robust multi-forms app I've already created, but its been a while since I've done one by scratch) and the app itself is working beautifully. However, when I go to create the MSI - 2 things are happening.

1: It doesn't let me choose "Packaged Executable" - I have that in my other app
packagedexe.png
packagedexe.png (14.05 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Instead, all I can do is manually drop it in:
manualexe.png
manualexe.png (14.93 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Is there a way to fix that?

2: Its not creating a new start menu icon, just install it to the location on my hard drive.

Any help would be great, thanks!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Packaged Executable missing as option in MSI Settings

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The "Packaged Executable" options was removed. It was confusing and led to mixup as it cannot be determined on that page *which* packaged executable by users with multiple projects.
Adding the specific executable is the correct way to do this.

The generated MSI never has created a start menu icon. You have the option of creating a desktop shortcut.
A custom action would allow you to add items to the start menu.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
kdwisdom

Post by kdwisdom »

Thanks. I don't have a custom action on my other application and it shows up in the start menu, so I'm not sure what would have been different there.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Maybe I am wrong. I will check.... What type of installer did you have selected?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
kdwisdom

Post by kdwisdom »

I just chose desktop shortcut and it appears that also creates the start menu folder/shortcut, so I think I'm good.

Thanks,

Kyle
This topic is 3 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.