File Comparison

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pk_davidson

File Comparison

Post by pk_davidson »

What would be really handy, would to be able to edit the files that are being compared. For a really hand diff tool, look at Araxis Merge, www.araxis.com. If the file compare tool had some of these features, it would awesome. As it is now, diff is available from a lot of sources and even though I use it often in PS, if I could then edit the compared files, like click a button to update one to the other, etc... then PS would only increase its usability. thanks
abqbill

File Comparison

Post by abqbill »

Hi Paul,Greetings from Albuquerque.Bill
donj

File Comparison

Post by donj »

Thanks for that suggestion. The Find in Files feature gets a big upgrade in PrimalScript 2007 (due out this week), so maybe the development team can start looking at ol' PrimalDiff for the next major release. I know we've had a few suggestions along those lines!
calliey

File Comparison

Post by calliey »

I would LOVE to see this updated as well. I currently own the enterprise version - but haven't upgraded to 2007 yet. Can you tell me if you have upgraded the primaldiff yet?ThanksChris
donj

File Comparison

Post by donj »

PrimalDiff in PS2007 hasn't been significantly changed. You're welcome to download a trial, which you can generally install in parallel with older versions, to see for yourself exactly what the new version does.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

File Comparison

Post by Alexander Riedel »

PrimalDiff is under development to be changed for the next major release.
No timeline has been specified yet.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.