Installing Powershell Studio in an azure pipeline

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sandeman

Installing Powershell Studio in an azure pipeline

Post by sandeman »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.196
Build: v10.0.19042.0

We have a limited number of PowerShell Studio licenses, 4 or 6 I'm not sure, we want to automate the build process and configure
a build agent ( Windows Server 2016 Datacenter x64 VM ) in a Azure pipeline to build our PowerShell Studio project(s), and use
the SAPIENCommandLine.exe tool to build the project(s).

Questions:

Since in the pipeline I'm not using the Powershell Studio (IDE) only the SAPIENcommandline.exe tool, do I need install a full version of Powershell Studio ?

Can I use an existing license or do I need a special license for the build agent?

I would like to install the PowerShell Studio or a lighter version during the provisioning of the build agent, also in a azure pipeline, as part of
a Powershell or yaml script. Is it possible to install Powershell Studio this way without user interaction with the Install wizard? Maybe a silent install?

Best regards
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Installing Powershell Studio in an azure pipeline

Post by brittneyr »

As of the latest build of PowerShell Studio (5.8.198), a full installation of PowerShell Studio is required for the SAPIENCommandline.exe tool.
Your existing PowerShell Studio licenses should work as long as PowerShell Studio is properly activated.
You can use the following command line parameters to install silently:

Code: Select all

SPS22Setup_5.8.198_011122_x64.exe /exenoui /qn
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sandeman

Post by sandeman »

Thank you for the quick reply.
The silent install should work fine.
Is there any way to activate PowerShell Studio without launching the PowerShell Studio IDE? At the command line?

Thanks again,
Really appreciated

Tony
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

No, the application needs to be opened at least once to be activated.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.