Debugging in PowerShell Studio 2022

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stefanstranger

Debugging in PowerShell Studio 2022

Post by stefanstranger »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2022
Operating system: Windows 11
PowerShell version(s): v7 - 64 bit
32-bit version of software? 64-bit

I have created a new PowerShell script that needs to be triggered after clicking a button, but when I set a breakpoint in my new PowerShell script and run F5 (debug) the Project is being build, all the functions etc are loaded and UI (GUI) is started but when I hit the button that should trigger my new function in the script I created the breakpoint does not seem to be reached.

How can I test my GUI app with the new script (function) I developed in debug mode?

Regards,
Stefan Stranger
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Debugging in PowerShell Studio 2022

Post by brittneyr »

Depending on where you put your breakpoints, it sounds like the script is never hitting your breakpoints. Can you provide a screenshot of your script where you have your breakpoint when running in debug?

Are you using PowerShell 7?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
stefanstranger

Post by stefanstranger »

Hi Brittney,

Thanks for your response. I'm using PowerShell 7. Would it be possible to share a screenshot directly with you because it contains some information that I would rather keep a bit confidential.

Regards,
Stefan
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

What version of PowerShell 7 are you using?

You can upload your screenshot here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

If you are using PowerShell 7.2.6, this may have been the issue. The latest build of PowerShell Studio (5.8.210) added support for this. I recommend updating and seeing if you are still encountering this issue.
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.