PowerShell Studio not switch out on Alt-Tab

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
new_dev_team_02

PowerShell Studio not switch out on Alt-Tab

Post by new_dev_team_02 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Sudio 2023 (5.8.215)
Operating system: Windows 11 22H2
PowerShell version(s):5.1.22621.963

Hi, I'm experiencing a rather unusual bug. With PowerShell Studio focused, if I hit Alt-Tab once, I do not return to another window I had focused, I have to hit: Press Alt, Press Tab, Press Tab, Release both, to get a window switch.
I expect that if I have say, a browser window focused, then focus PowerShell Studio and then: Press Alt, Press Tab, release both I should return to the browser window, but instead I remain in the PowerShell Studio window.

This behaviour does not happen with another apps, for example, Notepad.

I'm using the default Alt-Tab switched in Windows 11.

Any help would be appreciated as the muscle memory of the Alt-Tab combo is very strong.
Last edited by new_dev_team_02 on Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio not switch out on Alt-Tab

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I was able to produce the effect on Windows 11 here. It does not exist on Windows 10.
I do not not think it is something we do that causes this, but we will look into it.
Since you also experience this with Notepad, I suggest to let the Microsoft Windows team know about this.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
new_dev_team_02

Thanks for your prompt reply and I hope you can soon find the root cause of the behaviour.

I made a mistake while typing the original post (which since I have edited). I meant to say that that does not happen in notepad.
Alexander Riedel

We have one Windows 11 machine that exhibits this behavior 90% of the time. Other times it works fine.
We also have tow other Windows 11 machines where this works flawlessly all the time. :D
So question for you, is your machine an original Windows 11 machine or was it updated from Windows 10?
Alexander Riedel
new_dev_team_02

Windows 11 was a clean install. I can also now tell you that in my machine does not always happen, which is both strange and funny haha.
Alexander Riedel

Yes that tracks. It seems a genuine Windows 11 machine acts differently than an updated one.
This, by the way, is not the only thing that is different. Keeps it interesting. We will keep looking.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 1 year and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.