Remove version info from package

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 months and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Remove version info from package

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Product, version and build: studio - 2023 - v5.8.217
Operating system: win 11 or win 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.1

Noticed when trying to update an gui that when packaging it as; target-win 64b, engine-win powershell, windows application, it is adding in version information, which seems to populate a new box when running it. I tested it by adding 'test' into the version information description field. Then built package and tested, and looked in the second windows help and there it was.

If I change it to 'windows form' it comes out with .exe.intermediate file extension. Then if I remove the '.intermediate' and leave as '.exe' it still works and there is no extra version box. The only minor issue, I seriously mean minor is the icon for the 'exe' is not what would like it to be.

Any thoughts?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Remove version info from package

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The .intermediate extension signifies that this is an intermediate file. The build process is not finished or has been interrupted.
You should not rename this file as it does not contain the all the information specified in your settings.
Examine the output in Script Packager for error messages.
If the build process it stalled or interrupted it is either the application is running and the target file is locked or
more commonly a malware scanner takes additional time to evaluate the newly appeared executable file.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 11 months and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.