Add edits to Watch Window

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bkcarter333

Post by bkcarter333 »

In the pre PS 4 days, I would use the Windows Script Debugger to debug VBScripts. One of the features that it provided was the ability to enter expressions into a window that would execute immediately. This was very useful in that it gave me the ability to change a value in a variable, or test a new function construct while the debug was live, and the values were avaiable.

PrimalScript 4.1 and 2007 both have builtin debuggers that are nice, but as far as I can tell a lacking the ability to manipulate the values "in-flight".

I am not sure how the best way to implement it would be, but it appears that if the expression window could be edited, it might do the trick.

Thanks

Bryan Carter
donj

Post by donj »

From a user interface perspective, that's a good suggestion. I'm not sure what would have to go on under the hood to make that happen; some of the stuff MS does with the Windows Script Debugger are "not documented" to say the least, and sometimes they're outright hacks :). But consider this "wished for!"
This topic is 16 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.