tolbar customizations volatile

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
koolezt

Post by koolezt »

First, congratulations on a nifty featureful app (even if on the pricey side).I'm running a trial version of PrimalScript 2007 v 4.5.561, and my toolbar customizations disappear on restart. No matter what I do, this is what I get.Window size and position, workspace and files get restored properly. Tools > Options > Save All Settings then ... > Load Settings doesn't help. Am I missing a special setting? Thanks in advance for your help.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

What OS are you running and what permission level do you have?

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
koolezt

Post by koolezt »

Many thanks for the prompt response (x 2!)./ReloadUI still doesn't make changes stick. It does make the "2-row" toolbar arrangement a bit neater, but still 2 rows in each toolbar and still losing customizations.
OS is Windows XP SP2 fully patched (this month). Program installation and operation are by an administrator (not THE Administrator, which has been renamed and spoofed with a disabled and impotent account).
Two previously forgotten items:I've already uninstalled and re-installed the program (for another issue, which was my misunderstanding);

Resetting the toolbars sets them to normal 1-row toolbars, but even that setting doesn't stick. This behaviour is unchanged.I don't know if this is related, but I can't seem to get your debugger, whether the Script Setting option Enable Just-in-time debugging is on or off. I always get Microsoft's debugger.EDITs: typoskoolezt2007-12-16 03:13:59
Alexander Riedel

I don't now what edition you are running, but try to delete this registry key or it's equivalent:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.PrimalScript Enterprise2007BCGWorkspace
Then fire it up again. Does that make the toolbars appear normal? And leave them that way?

Secondly, what *exact* customizations are you making?

And thirdly, the built-in debugger is not a JIT debugger. Since that MS mechanism frequently fails we do not use it. Are you trying to debug actual VBScripts/JScripts or WSF files?

Script debugging is documented starting on page 103 of the included manual.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
koolezt

Post by koolezt »

HKCU ... BCGWorkspace doesn't help, with or without /RELOADUI. It's the Standard edition. My customizations are re-ordering buttons within toolbars and repositioning toolbars (I may not need to reposition the proper 1-row versions). But even Reset All toolbars doesn't stick.__SIDE ISSUE____________________________________I've re-read the tfm debugger section, this time to the end, issue resolved. I tend to "skim" instructions for "top-level" "get started" info, and dive in for details "hands-on". ¿My bad? It might be an idea to put the "applicable edition notice" towards the beginning of the section.
Alexander Riedel

Not sure if I understand that correctly. Are you saying that deleting that registry key does NOT reset the toolbars to their single line default layout?

From the screenshot it seems you are running something else than the default XP theme. Can you let us know what custom settings you have?

Alex
Alexander Riedel2007-12-16 04:02:58
Alexander Riedel
koolezt

Post by koolezt »

Right. After deleting
HKCU ... BCGWorkspace, toolbars are still 2-row versions. I only get 1 line by Reset All or manual customization, and neither one sticks. Are these the custom settings you mean?
Alexander Riedel

I think I was able to reproduce what you are seeing.
Please look for the next service build.

Alex

Alexander Riedel
Deal_Maker

Post by Deal_Maker »

I was having the same issue with the toolbars, that is, when i open PrimalScript 2007, the toolbars each had 2 rows and they were spaced in an odd fashion across the toolbar areas, both above and below the edit window. I was able to solve (or work-around) the problem successfully. Try this.Open PrimalScript and drag all of the toolbars from the toolbar area so that they are floating. For each toolbar, point to the edge of the toolbar on the right. Your pointer should indicate that you can size the toolbar. Drag the right side of each toolbar until all of the icons fit on one row. The toolbar will automatically shrink down to one row. Now put the toolbars back in their place below the edit menu (or at the bottom, for those that were down there). Now if you close, then re-open PrimalScript, the toolbars may remain one row deep and in place where you left them.David
koolezt

Post by koolezt »

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I bit the bullet and rebuilt windows (siiiigh). All worked OK. but only for a while. I've now managed to "massage" things into order again, so fingers crossed.About the new build: it seems out of reach to trial users.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.