Ability to search Unicode Files

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 16 years and 2 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
andrew.koutalakis@acadia-ins.com

Post by andrew.koutalakis@acadia-ins.com »

When using the "Find in Files" utility, several coworkers and I discovered that we can't search for text within files that are encoded as Unicode in PrimalScript 2007.

For an example, I set up a temporary folder on my C: drive with 4 identical text files, labeled Text_Doc1 through 4. All were saved with Unicode Encoding. Each file only contains one word: 'foo'. When using the "Find in Files" utility to search for 'foo', it did not find any of these files. I re-saved Text_Doc1 and Text_Doc3 as ANSI. Primal script found only those two files.

Is there a setting that I am missing, or would it be possible to have an enhancement to allow searching of Unicode files?

Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hmm, I guess that would be a useful thing. I will check on it.
I am not sure at this point what the status is.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 16 years and 2 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.