Crash on "Save As Template"

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
datacore.glenn

Crash on "Save As Template"

Post by datacore.glenn »

Primal XML 4.2.42
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Hello,

Each time I attempt to save a document using the "Save As Template" option, PrimalXML immediately encounters an exception and closes. It doesn't matter how simple the XML document in question is, as per the attatched test document. If I try to debug with Visual Studio, I see the exit code: "The program '[7892] PrimalXML.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'."

I don't think this is a file permissions / access problem, since I can open/save via regular operations into the same folder.
SaveAsTemplateCrash.png
SaveAsTemplateCrash.png (77.11 KiB) Viewed 16193 times
Best regards,
Glenn
Attachments
templateTest.xml
(92 Bytes) Downloaded 503 times
DevinL

Re: Crash on "Save As Template"

Post by DevinL »

I've managed to reproduce this on my end and have filed an internal bug report.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When I have some news to share, I'll be sure to post it here.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Crash on "Save As Template"

Post by davidc »

Please try the latest service build and let us know if the issue persists.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.