New to SQL

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

New to SQL

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Product, version and build:
64 bit - PrimalSQL -2020- version 4.5.71
Operating system:
64 bit os - win 10 ent

I am pretty new to SQL things. Not sure it will be my cup of tea. Developer left and left me holding bag.

I know some pretty basic things, on the actual sql server/DB. I know how to run quary on few things by right clicking on table and selecting top 1000 rows (which works for me cause there is only 300 items) then I know I can select Edit top 200 rows, again works for me. Right now I don't really need to know the actual commands to (script to me) get the search and editing. I know a few other basic things. Thats the back ground.

I am able to run the query on the DB with PrimalSQL - i drop the table to query in and select the fields that I like to get results.

Question - with PrimalSQL - how do you edit rows? (like you would on the actual sql server with 'edit top 200 rows')
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: New to SQL

Post by brittneyr »

You should be able to edit the results directly. Please make sure your results are not set to ready only. You can check this by ensuring the toggle 'Read Only Results' is off on the ribbon (Home -> Query):
PQL_RibbonReadOnly.png
PQL_RibbonReadOnly.png (25.37 KiB) Viewed 10876 times
You should then be able to edit the results by double clicking the row value you would like to edit.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Re: New to SQL

Post by Reddrgn2 »

BAM solved you did, thanks staring at me in the face
This topic is 3 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.