Script Explorer - Not "Exploring" the PS1 File

Anything you want to tell us? Praise? Criticism? Post it here. Please keep it professional and constructive.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
thrivemortgage

Script Explorer - Not "Exploring" the PS1 File

Post by thrivemortgage »

I just read the blog post about Script Explorer. I found the redistributable no problem and installed it, but was surprised to not readily see a way to open files with it using the "Open With" menu. I somehow got it associated, but when I launch a PS1 via Windows Explorer now, it launches SAPIEN Script Explorer, but only to a "blank" window. I don't see the script file. Thoughts on how to resolve this? Screenshot attached for reference to show PS1's seemingly associated correctly. Thanks! --Matt
SCREENSHOT: Choose default apps by file type
SCREENSHOT: Choose default apps by file type
2020-06-01_22-42-49.png (105.65 KiB) Viewed 13672 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Script Explorer - Not "Exploring" the PS1 File

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You would not associate .ps1 files with script explorer. It is not a tool to be associated with any particular file type. It works with folders and you tell script explorer what to do with script files within it.
It's just like you would not associate Windows File Explorer with any particular file type.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
thrivemortgage

Post by thrivemortgage »

OH!!! LOL. Got it now. Unsure why that wasn't clear to me when I read the original blog post (which I enjoyed, by the way). Thank you! --Matt
kellam

Post by kellam »

Is there a way to make it associated with particular file types instead of files?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not sure I understand that question. Can you elaborate please?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.