Templates-Custom Location

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TCCDesktopOps

Templates-Custom Location

Post by TCCDesktopOps »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:PrimalScript 2020 v7.7.144.0, Primalscript is 64 bit
Operating system:Windows 10 64 bit version
PowerShell version(s):
PSVersion 5.1.17763.1490
PSEdition Desktop
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
BuildVersion 10.0.17763.1490
CLRVersion 4.0.30319.42000
WSManStackVersion 3.0
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Is there a way to have templates stored in a custom location?
I set my custom path in OPTIONS - DIRECTORIES - TEMPLATES.
I created a file and did Save as Template and saved to this Templates directory. Close, reopen Primalscript.
FILE - NEW - no templates.
If I save the template to C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PrimalScript 2020\Templates\File Templates
that works fine, it appears , but for our devices C drive is considered disposable so I'd prefer to have the templates on either my D drive or network drive so if the PC is reimaged I don't lose them. I'm sure this used to work in previous versions of Primalscript. Has something changed or is it just me?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Templates-Custom Location

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Nothing in regards to templates has changed in some time. I will ask QA to look into it, please stand by.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Templates-Custom Location

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Set your custom folder to something like D:\PrimalScript\Templates.
Replicate the files and folder structure under "C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PrimalScript 2020\Templates" there. Copying all files and folders would do.
Now customize your templates on your network folder as needed.

The other prescribed way of using custom templates is to leave the installed templates alone. They will be updated when you update the software, so you do not miss changes and/or additions.
Place your custom templates in
<User profile>\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\User Templates

Normally that is something like "C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\User Templates"
but if your C: drive is considered disposable, chances are your user appdata folder is redirected to a network location.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.