Powershell Studio 2017 SSL

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Jonathane
Has voted: 1 time

Powershell Studio 2017 SSL

Post by Jonathane »

Hello, I have PowerShell Studio 2017, and I am not able to enter the activation key. I have tried adding the website certificate to the trusted root certificate store as some have suggested, as well as trying the [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = 'Tls12' from an administrative PowerShell console. Neither have worked for me. What do I need to do do to get this working? Thanks!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Powershell Studio 2017 SSL

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Older versions of the .NET framework use an outdated and no longer used encryption protocol for https. You need to use our external unlock tool found here:
https://sapien.s3.amazonaws.com/downloa ... Unlock.exe
Download this and enter your information as your would into PowerShell Studio. It should unlock it.
If you have any further problems, please let us know.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Jonathane
Has voted: 1 time

Re: Powershell Studio 2017 SSL

Post by Jonathane »

Thank you, this worked quickly and flawlessly. Maybe this can get stickied for people who have older versions that need to be activated.
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.