Are there any instructions related specifically to Windows 10 bash?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pwExplorer
Has voted: 1 time

Are there any instructions related specifically to Windows 10 bash?

Post by pwExplorer »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PrimalScript, 2022
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.1

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Hi,

Other than

(I tried inserting a link here, but received a message that a minimim of 5 posts is needed before including external links - even though the external link in questions is from info-sapien).

The info-sapien knowledgebase page titled "Using Bash with PrimalScript"

, are there any further instructions on how to debug Windows bash scripts - not cygwin, but rather the one that can be selected on in "Turn Windows features on or off - in PrimalScript? The feature is called Windows Subsystem for Linux, and I already have that working.

I tried following the instructions in the link above. But after selecting Command Window and restarting, I don't understand how to start or load an .sh script. Strictly speaking, I don't really need PrimalScript for this, but wanted to see if it supported Single Step debugging for Windows bash scripts.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Are there any instructions related specifically to Windows 10 bash?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The debugger for bash scripts is built into the bash console. As far as I know there is no external API, so it cannot be tied to PrimalScript's debugging interface.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pwExplorer
Has voted: 1 time

Re: Are there any instructions related specifically to Windows 10 bash?

Post by pwExplorer »

Well, that's the answer. At least I don't have to waste time searching around.

Ok, thanks A.R.
This topic is 2 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.