Studio freezes at random times

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
B Daring
Answers: 2
Has voted: 1 time

Studio freezes at random times

Post by B Daring »

referencing this thread
https://www.sapien.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15777

I have also experience this quite frequently. It seems I always get it to freeze if I do a search in a big file. But, also have seen it freeze on something small, but less frequent. When we say freeze, its kill the process and start over to get it running again. Windows thinks it is fine as it doesn't state it is not responding or anything.

Product: PowerShell Studio 2022 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.203
Build: v10.0.19044.0
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Studio freezes at random times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We have so far not been able to get to the bottom of this. I did notice on my computer that for a while several applications exhibited that problem, which could usually be resolved by switching to another app and back. Some Windows update or another seems to have fixed it. This may be utterly unrelated, but please check switching to another full screen app and back and check for pending updates.
Also, how big is a "big" file?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

I have seen it freeze while I was in it and it freeze while I wasn't in it. I have switched back and forth with no luck. I say big but you may have seen bigger, the file in question is 3429 lines.
B Daring

Post by B Daring »

I think I have a way to make it freeze. Open a script. then use the find in file search function, find something that it shows in the find results below. When I do this 90% of the time is when it freezes.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

We are looking into this and will get back to you soon.
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

When you use Find in File functionality, what are you specifying under Find in:
SPS_FindInFilesFindIn.png
SPS_FindInFilesFindIn.png (11.23 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
With just 'Current Document' or 'All Open Documents specified, I have not been able to replicate this freezing behavior.

The more files that are searched will to be influenced by the speed of your system especially if PowerShell Studio is searching folder locations with dozens of scripts.
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.