Silent Install of .exe

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jordandombrowski

Silent Install of .exe

Post by jordandombrowski »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product: PowerShell Studio 2022 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.205
Build: v10.0.19044.0

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I am building an .exe from my simple PowerShell script. How can I make it so I have the option of running my .exe silently? When it runs a window pops up showing the progress of the actions of the script, I want this to be hidden. Thanky ou.

- Jordan
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Silent Install of .exe

Post by brittneyr »

You can try setting the progress bar preference ($ProgressPreference) to SilentlyContinue or switching to packaging with a Silent engine.

Based on the information provided, I don't know how you are packaging your script nor what your script is doing.

You may find the following helpful:
https://thinkpowershell.com/hide-powers ... ress-bars/
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jordandombrowski

Post by jordandombrowski »

There is not a progress bar. I am using my .exe created from Powershell Studio with Advanced Installer, and when run from my Advanced Installer app it pops up with a window showing some things being completed. Normally with an .exe you have the option to run it in quite or silent mode. This option is not available with the .exe I created with Powershell Studio, but I would like it to if possible.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Advanced Installer has a good number of places where you can specify an executable to do, well, something.
2022-05-12_23-52-55.png
2022-05-12_23-52-55.png (26.07 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
The options are usually very specific, as in this example that makes it clear it relates to a 'console application'.
Advanced Installer also has a very comprehensive help facility and very good support.
From your description I would not know what exactly it is that you are doing or where and we use Advanced Installer as well.
I suggest you contact Caphyon and ask them what criteria apply for your particular case, if their UI does not make it clear already.
Please come back here if you need help building the specific type of executable required.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.