tooltip on syntax error?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gmichaud

tooltip on syntax error?

Post by gmichaud »

Product: PrimalScript (64 Bit)
Build: v8.0.168
Build: v10.0.19044

I know PrimalScript used to display a tooltip on a (vbscript) syntax error, but I have not seen it do this in the past few versions. Is it still supposed to do this? It seemed to stop doing it a couple years ago, around the time I started using dark mode, but that could just be a coincidence. I've switched a few machines back to non-dark mode but that doesn't help. It shows the red underline, but no tooltip. Is this no longer a feature? I miss it.
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Re: tooltip on syntax error?

Post by gmichaud »

This is my second post that somehow ended up is the wrong forum. Sorry about that, but I was SURE i selected the primalscript forum.

I'll be more careful in the future!
Thanks,
Gerry
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

I figured out the forum issue...kinda.
Screenshot - 7_12_2022 , 2_28_49 PM.png
Screenshot - 7_12_2022 , 2_28_49 PM.png (22.89 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
I DO have licenses - our company have MANY licenses - but your forum s/w doesn't believe it:

Can this be fixed?
Attachments
Screenshot - 7_12_2022 , 2_18_26 PM.png
Screenshot - 7_12_2022 , 2_18_26 PM.png (72.18 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Your user id was unregistered from all licenses in January per email request. If that was in error, please contact sales@sapien.com
There have not been any changes to VBScript in some time. Can you give a specific example what does not show a tooltip?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Interesting about my ID. I used to control our licenses, but now I share that duty. We have a management ID that we use for that, which is why control was removed from this ID. I would think being a registered user - without license control - would be enough for posting rights. I guess not. This gmichaud ID IS a registered user:
Screenshot - 7_13_2022 , 3_10_11 PM_ver001.png
Screenshot - 7_13_2022 , 3_10_11 PM_ver001.png (67.29 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
Regarding the syntax error, any syntax error results in the red underline, but no tooltip. Here is 2022 vs. 2012:
Screenshot - 7_13_2022 , 3_07_11 PM.png
Screenshot - 7_13_2022 , 3_07_11 PM.png (14.56 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
Screenshot - 7_13_2022 , 3_05_52 PM.png
Screenshot - 7_13_2022 , 3_05_52 PM.png (11.16 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
Is there a setting somewhere that controls this? I don't see any "tooltip" or "syntax error" color settings.
Does it work for you if you enable dark mode?
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

There was something wrong in the site where it lost your customer tag in the transfer. It should be fixed now.
I am gonna go and check on the tooltip now.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

2022-07-13_13-36-39.png
2022-07-13_13-36-39.png (8.49 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Yes, I get them.
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

The forum issue seems to be resolved. Thanks.

Any suggestions for my tooltip issue? I'm trying a full uninstall and reinstall of everything Sapien on a test VM, but I'm not optimistic. My main machine was new around the holidays so everything was a clean install and tooltips never have worked on it.

If I can't get it working - and since you can't repro the issue - I'd like to make a new post in the primalscript forum to see if anyone else has the issue. Would you have a problem with that?
Thanks,
Gerry
Alexander Riedel

You are free to post in the PrimalScript forum any time you like of course.
Please provide as many details as possible. Since it is a VM as you say, can you try a physical machine?
Tooltips by nature require a timer and the focus must be on the application in question. Both can be an issue in a VM.
It would also help to know what the VM software is.

(Re-reading your post, maybe I misunderstood and this is on a physical machine)
Alexander Riedel
gmichaud

Post by gmichaud »

Good news, I guess. The uninstall/reinstall on the VM worked. So, i uninstalled only primalscript on my physical machine and reinstalled, and that also worked! So, I now have 2 machines showing tooltips. This doesn't tell us what was preventing it from working in the first place, but in my mind it kinda points to the upgrade process. Now, at least, I know how to fix the remaining machines.

Unrelated to this issue, something I learned is that the export/import of settings seems to be version-specific. Imported settings from 2020 go into a 2020 registry key, not the 2022 key, and don't seem to get applied. If this is by design it would be nice to see a message saying that the old version's settings will be ignored, or just an error of some kind.

So, I guess that's everything. I do have a feature request, but I'll make a separate post in the Wish List and Feature Requests forum. Thanks for the help.
Thanks,
Gerry
This topic is 1 year and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.