Systray icon which hides or shows form in click?

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stevens
Has voted: 2 times

Systray icon which hides or shows form in click?

Post by stevens »

Hi,

I posted a similar question before and therefore approaching this from different angle.

I got a Sapien ps Project which is a form which shows gridview of software installed on the local machine and all kind of actions on it via right click menus. That project I created an msi installer for via ps studio.
Once the msi installed, it should open the form and add a systray icon.
When the form is minimized it should only leave systray icon.
When icon clicked it should open form again. Also the systray icon should be made visible by default (some systray icons are hidden by default).

Now I know minimizing a form keeps the form visible in Taskbar and it is apparently not easy to hide that with PS Studio Sapien by default.

So is there a way to combine my project and this approach and then wrap both in my msi installer?

https://www.systanddeploy.com/2018/12/c ... l.html?m=0

Please advise.
S.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Systray icon which hides or shows form in click?

Post by brittneyr »

Have you tried separating your systray icon from your form?
Manually create your systray icon in a separate file or project and then on click have it open and close your form. With this approach you would need to keep track of whether your form is open or not.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.