Format Script changes spaces into tabs despite my settings to use spaces

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PNutts
Has voted: 2 times

Format Script changes spaces into tabs despite my settings to use spaces

Post by PNutts »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2022 Version 8.0.169
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s): 5.1
32-bit version of software? No

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Attached are my Text Editor settings showing use spaces instead of tabs is set. There is no issue creating and saving scripts, spaces are used for tabs. When I format the script using the dropdown control on the ribbon home tab, spaces are converted to tabs in the editor. If I save the script the resultant file also has tabs instead of spaces.

Is there another location to set preferences or advice on what I'm doing wrong? Thx.

General.png
General.png (22.78 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
Formatting.png
Formatting.png (8.52 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Format Script changes spaces into tabs despite my settings to use spaces

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Could be a bug. I will send it to QA to check on that.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.