Azure DevOps Repos login

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jsmgfi

Azure DevOps Repos login

Post by jsmgfi »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2022 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.209
Build: v10.0.20348.0
PSVersion 5.1.20348.859
PSEdition Desktop
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
BuildVersion 10.0.20348.859
CLRVersion 4.0.30319.42000
WSManStackVersion 3.0
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1

I have installed PS Studio to a virtual server.
I have logged in to the server with non-Microsoft 365 account.
I try to use Azure DevOps Repos (source control git) with my regular M365 account but PS Studio forces to use the account which I have logged in to the server.
There is an account selection when authenticating to Azure but somehow it's not working. Any idea what to do?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Azure DevOps Repos login

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell Studio only supports git. It does not, at this time, offer any additional support for Azure DevOps repository. You can open the Git Command Shell or Git GUI from the ribbon to change any settings from your git repository.

If you would like to see specific support for Azure DevOps repositories, please fill out a feature request here and we will see what we can do:
https://www.sapien.com/requests
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jsmgfi

Post by jsmgfi »

You are using Azure DevOps Git Repo in your own blog post..?

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2019/08/19/ ... ositories/

I'm pretty sure you support it. It's just a remote repository.

The question is how PS Studio works with M365 modern authentication (MFA enforced).
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Yes, but as previously stated, PowerShell Studio only supports git and specific interactions with git.

You will need to configure your repository credential information outside of PowerShell Studio then you should be able to interact with your repository in PowerShell Studio.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 1 year and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.