manage-bde is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
travisc

manage-bde is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Post by travisc »

When using Powershell Studio Version 2021 5.8.195, when trying to use the command manage-bde its showing a error that its a unknown command. Even when i point to the full path of the manage-bde its still showing it as being a command not found,
CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Windows\System32\manage-bde.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

when i just use the normal Powershell ISE this command works without issue.

Example of the command would be like:
$status = manage-bde.exe -status -computername $computerName

Thanks,
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: manage-bde is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Post by brittneyr »

I have not been able to replicate this behavior with either v5 or v7. I did need to run elevated (Home->Platform):
SPS_manage-bde-elevated.png
SPS_manage-bde-elevated.png (90.37 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Are you able to see manage-bde.exe in the System32 folder?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
travisc

Re: manage-bde is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Post by travisc »

Thanks for the reply. So i was just playing around trying to mirror your settings and it looks like if i run it as v5 64bit it works, but if its set to v5 32bit it doesnt.

I guess when i was looking in powershell ISE it was running in 64bit, but my powershell studio is needing 32bit. But either way i guess this command doesnt work in 32bit and only 64bit.

Thanks
This topic is 1 year and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.