Several problems about PrimalSense

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davider360

Re: Several problems about PrimalSense

Post by davider360 »

Thanks for your guidance

ISE's IntelliSense is very convenient, although you mentioned that it has security risks,

But in many cases, I write my own code, not a lot of code from others, and the security risks are basically non-existent

Add an ISE-like IntelliSense option to powershell studio and turn it on if someone needs it, which may adapt to a larger group of people rather than negate it altogether

Alexander Riedel wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 am Apples and oranges. You changed the code to use Get-Item with HKLM: rather than a registry path.
This uses the registry provider, which has been coded into the ISE to be supported this way.
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/scriptin ... ry-access/
That is great if that helps you.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

There is no right or wrong here. I understand that this is a philosophical discussion. From my point of view, if you train users that it is OK to run code in order to get intellisense, they will do that in all circumstances. It is equivalent to people being used to click on links in emails without a second thought. It used to be somewhat safe. Now email servers and email clients need to "declaw" links in messages because people click on them indiscriminately and automatically and it is one of the main venues of propagating malware.
If you assume runspace contamination has no implications because you only use your code, I hope you never encounter a situation where your variables are initialized the wrong way from a previous script and you erase something that you didn't want to :D

If you have not done so yet, please read the discussion here: viewtopic.php?t=16067
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davider360

Post by davider360 »

From my own use of Powershell ISE, I have never had a problem with deleting files incorrectly because of variables

Because the variable value is reassigned during the run

powershell studio has a great experience in developing GUI forms, I haven't found another software alternative, However, in order to achieve the same intelligent perception effect as ISE, I can't do it
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

The issue regarding C# class type definitions has been addressed in service build 5.8.213.
Brittney
davider360

Post by davider360 »

brittneyr wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:01 am The issue regarding C# class type definitions has been addressed in service build 5.8.213.
thank you!
I have submitted new feedback on type C#type,

In addition, can solve the problem 3? This function is very frequently used. I look forward to solving it first. Thank you in advance
problem3
All methods of the system built -in shell cannot be displayed in the list. In addition, the use of third -party COM components also has the same problem, working normally in PowerShell ISE
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Bug reports have been submitted to the development team for further evaluation for reported issues 1, 2, and 3. These issues should be fixed in a future service build. If there is any new information, I'll post here.
Brittney
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

A fix for the second issue reported was released in service build 5.8.214.
Brittney
This topic is 1 year and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.