Unable to upgrade from 5.8.205 to 5.8.212

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 1 year and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mattys
Has voted: 3 times

Unable to upgrade from 5.8.205 to 5.8.212

Post by mattys »

First it prompts me to terminate and PowerShell Studio 2022 processes. I hit continue. Then it begins the 5.8.212 install and immediately says another instance of the setup is already running? Ive tried rebooting the device and immediately try installing the upgrade but no success. I get same messages and stuck in this loop.
Is there a cleaner or anything I can use? Im unable to see any processes or services left to kill to make this work.

Please help!

Thank you for your time.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Unable to upgrade from 5.8.205 to 5.8.212

Post by Alexander Riedel »

What OS is this?
The first step would be to try and uninstall the current version and then install the new version.
Does that work?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mattys

Post by mattys »

WIN 10 x64
No it does not. I get a prompt saying, "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." I also get this prompt directly after a restart and attempt to Uninstall as well.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Windows Installer can only run one install at a time. Check if you have any msiexec tasks running. This does not need to be a SAPIEN installer, it can be anything, including Windows updates operating in the background.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mattys

Post by mattys »

You got it!
Thank you so much for your help! Make a great rest of day.
This topic is 1 year and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.